Welcome to Solvalla Swimrun 2016!
Below you will find everything you need to know before the race day.
Time schedule Friday 23rd of September 2016
13:00 – 21.30 Competition office is open, Race registrations and confirmation of participation can be made
Time schedule Saturday 24th of September 2016
08:00 The competition office opens
08:00 – 09:00 Last minute participation confirmation has to be done to the office
09:00 Official starting lists will be published
09:15 – 09:35 Full distance information session
09:35 – 09:55 Full distance teams: Mandatory team photo and gear check
10:00 Full Distance Start
10:15 – 10:35 Sprint race information session
10:35 – 10:55 Sprint race teams: Mandatory team photo and gear check
11:00 Sprint Race Start
15:00 – 19:00 Dinner is served at Restaurant Haltia
14:00 – 19:30 Lakeside saunas open for use
17:00 Shuttle Bus departure from Solvalla to the airport. (Limited availability. Seats must be booked in advance)
19:00 Shuttle Bus departure from Solvalla to the airport. (Limited availability. Seats must be booked in advance)
A warm meal is served after the competition at restaurant Haltia. The meal is included in the competition price, and a voucher will be given to each team upon check-in. Special diets need to be informed to: Alexandra.email@example.com.
On the race track there are 5 service stations where we serve bananas, salted cucumber, water and juice. Additionally, either Nocco BCAA and Vitamin Well vitamin and energy drinks will be served at each station. The race track passes the start- and goal area at about 14 km where it is possible for you to have your own energy food.
Read more about our sponsors Nocco and Vitamin Well here:
Map, cut off times and rules
· The official race map can be found here: https://solvallaswimrun.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/solvalla-swimrun-2016.pdf
· Information about the running and swimming distances can be found here
· Information about cut-off times can be found here:Race Schedule and cut off times
· The ÖtillÖ Swimrun rules can be found here: https://solvallaswimrun.com/about/rules/
· A map of the Solvalla Area can be found here: Area map of Solvalla
Accommodation and the Solvalla Area
· Accommodation can be arranged at Solvalla Sports Institute. Contact the race administrator for more details.
· There is no shop within walking distance of the Sports Institute, we recommend you bring all the food and snacks you need for the race with you.
· Restaurant and Café Haltia is open 09:30 – 19:00.
All teams must have their own:
· First aid pressure bandage, packed waterproof
· 2 Wetsuits (1 per person), suitable for water temperature of 10 degrees Celsius
· 1 Compass / Watch Compass or GPS
· 2 Whistles ( 1 per person)
It is also recommended that the teams have a water bladder or Sports drink.
Solvalla Swimrun will supply the teams with:
· Race bibs, which must be worn visible all the time during the race
· Timing chip (lost or not returned timing chip will be charged 100 Euros)
· Swim caps, which must be worn visible during all the swims.
Equipment that is not allowed are:
· Any floatation help that is bigger than 100 cm x 60cm
· Modified wetsuits with paint or colour that can wash off and contaminate the water.
Public transport and Solvalla Swimrun shuttle bus service
A shuttle bus service is organized from the Helsinki Airport to Solvalla Sports Institute on Friday and back to the airport on Saturday. Seats must be booked in advance.
It is also possible to get to Solvalla by Public transport.
From the airport you can take bus number 540 to Espoo city centre, or take the local train from the Airport to Pasila station. At Pasila you need to switch trains and get the local train to Espoo city centre. From Espoo city centre bus service 245 goes to Solvalla Sports Institute.
For more information about public transport in the capital area please visit: https://www.hsl.fi/en
Staff Contact details
Competition and race manager: Mats Almqvist, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel. +358 40571 3422
Race Administrator: Alexandra Kvist e-mail: email@example.com, Tel. +358447578885